This isn’t exactly breaking news, but it’s worth a mention anyway. Bud Selig has finally announced his retirement, he will step down as Commissioner of Baseball at the end of his current contract in January of 2015. This begs the question of who will take over at the helm, which is probably either Gammons or the co-commissioner team of Red and I. More important, does this finally mean the end of inter-league play? Please?
@GarrettCRW I thought Oakland has to lose first (they are leading 3-0 right now).
@GarrettCRW Dare to dream...
@Jennie The wording on MLB.com states the last *half* of intraleague games, and that's less than 81.
- The team with the best record in head to head play.
- The team with the best overall record in intradivision games.
- The team with the best overall record in intraleague games.
- The team with the best record in the final 81 games of the season, ignoring interleague play.
- The team with the best record in the final 82 games of the season (providing the game added is not between the tied teams), extending backward until the tie is broken (Interleague games are skipped and ignored in this process.
The series went 3-3, but the Sox are doing 1 better against divisional foes (one and a half right now, technically), and same for games against the AL.