Lowell, MA (June 14, 2010)- The fifth annual Jason Varitek Celebrity Putt-Putt tournament is scheduled to take place on July 1,2010 at the Tsongas Center in Lowell. This year’s event is held to benefit Journey Forward and Celebrities for Charity Foundation. Each of the 18 custom made putting holes will be hosted by one of Varitek’s Boston Red Sox teammates or other Boston celebrities. Fans can purchase foursomes to play the course and meet the celebrities. Also available are a limited number of spectator tickets. For a $15.00 donation spectators will get the chance to see interviews with Red Sox players, enter raffles, auctions and contests to win some amazing prizes. Tickets can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com.
The Red Sox Catcher is very excited about the event and the benefiting organizations. Varitek says, “I’m very lucky to have passionate fans. They always come out to support me and I can’t wait to see them all at Putt-Putt this year. The event raises money for two amazing organizations through the generosity of the fans.” The Jason Varitek Celebrity Putt-Putt Course will be housed at the Tsongas Center in Lowell. The course is custom built for Jason Varitek Celebrity Putt-Putt by New England Custom Putting Greens.
Journey Forward is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to bettering the lives of those who have suffered a Spinal Cord Injury through an intense exercise program. Exercise is important to everyone and even more so to those who have suffered a Spinal Cord Injury. Journey Forward was founded by Dan Cummings, who after a diving accident was diagnosed a C6 quadriplegic and was told he would never walk again. After attending a similar program in California, 7 years after his accident, Dan walked out the doors determined to bring the program back to Boston.
Celebrities for Charity Foundation was set up to provide many local charities a way to have celebrities involved in their fundraising efforts. The foundation does this by providing celebrity visits to charitable events and by providing autographed memorabilia for charities to use as a fundraising tool. Celebrities for Charity Foundation asks different local celebrities to autograph the memorabilia and then distribute it to charities all over New England. Charities that are requesting donations must submit a simple application and provide us with their mission and goals. Celebrities for Charity has proudly reached the $1,500,000.00 donation mark and we look forward to growing this number.
There is also a available: http://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffle/Jason-Veriteks-Celebrity-Putt-Putt-Raffle/
- Winner and 3 guests will enjoy a foursome for a round of golf at the July 1, 2010 Jason Varitek Celebrity Putt Putt Tournament; where all 18 holes are manned by a Celebrity Host. Confirmed celebrities include Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, Jonathan Papelbon, Jason Varitek, Tim Wakefield, Mikey Ward, Cole Wright
- Winner and each guest (4 total) will receive VIP credentials to the celebrity reception and buffet prior to the Tournament
- Winner and each guest (4 total) will receive a Golfer Gift Bag
- Winner will receive 2 Golfer parking passes for the VIP Lot
- Winner will receive a cash prize in the amoutn of $272.25 to mitigate tehe Winner’s tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($225.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($47.25)
For more information about the Jason Varitek Celebrity Putt-Putt tournament please go to www.varitekputtputt.org or call 978-749-6700.